Safety & Environment
Safety isn’t just a commitment, it’s a way of life.
We Are Committed
All Laylo personnel undergo daily procedures to assure we lead by example everywhere we go.
At Laylo, we encourage our team members to have a safety and environment first attitude. This ensures everyone gets home free of incidents and injuries while caring for the environment they’re working in or passing through.
Our staff are experienced with remote operations and always act in a professional and socially responsible manner.
Need Urgent Assistance?
Call us now and speak to one of our friendly team members
- (08) 8262 5556
At Laylo we believe that all injuries are preventable.
Fundamental to achieving this vision is the setting of clear expectations, responsibilities and accountabilities, constant promotion and improvement of safe working practices, identification and control of workplace hazards, and the commitment to safety of each and every person involved in our operating environments.
We will specifically undertake to:
- drive continual improvement through the setting of measurable Health and Safety objectives and targets,
- comply with all statutory requirements and industry standards,
- ensure employees, contractors, customers and visitors understand their obligations with respect to Health and Safety,
- ensure safety standards, practices and procedures are developed, implemented and followed,
- provide the required resources, facilities, plant, tools and equipment for people to work safely,
- be vigilant in identifying workplace hazards, reviewing incidents and incident trends and pro-actively managing workplace Health and Safety risks,
- provide the necessary Health and Safety training, instruction and supervision to all who carry out work in our business,
- engage, consult and communicate with all stakeholders to build a shared commitment to ongoing Health and Safety improvement,
- ensure ongoing monitoring, auditing and review of Health and Safety performance and management systems.
Laylo recognises and promotes the importance of driver health in ensuring an efficient workplace as well as its direct effect in the prevention of accidents, injuries and fatigue on the road. Laylo is committed to quality, safety and productivity in the manner in which we go about our daily tasks and provide services to our customers. We shall endeavour to support and maintain driver health by doing the following:
- providing and maintaining vehicles which meet or exceed industry standards,
- coordinating a driver health screening and counselling program,
- providing appropriate training, instruction and supervision, dissemination of information and necessary resources to support driver health,
- establishing and maintaining initiatives in:
– driver health,
– health promotion,
– driver support.
At Laylo, we recognise that healthy driving should be a way of life in the transport industry and we shall endorse this, as one of greatest assets is our employees.
At Laylo, Quality is an integral part of our Laylo Corporate Business Principles. These principles guide our actions to deliver products and services that are safe, compliant and preferred by our customers. They are essential for the achievement of our ambition to be recognized and trusted as the leading remote and line haul transporters. Our commitment is to never compromise on the safety, compliance and quality of our vehicles and services. This requires everybody to be engaged, to understand their responsibility in achieving our quality objectives and to be empowered to take action in order to protect our vehicles and client’s cargo.
Our Quality Policy summarises the essential elements of our commitment for excellence and includes:
- fostering a quality culture with the objective of delivering on time with zero defects as expected by our customer service promise,
- complying with relevant laws and regulations as well as internal requirements,
- continuously challenging ourselves to improve the quality management system to guarantee driver safety, prevent quality incidents and eliminate defects through the review of quality objectives and results,
- encouraging participation and promotion of quality responsibilities amongst all employees and third parties through standards, education, training and coaching, supervision and effective communication.
At Laylo, we implement the Quality Policy through the application of our Laylo Quality Management System. We also believe teamwork, engagement, ownership and support by everyone are vital for achieving our quality objectives. In this context, we are committed to providing the required leadership, management and resources and we will ensure that Quality Policy is reviewed annually and communicated to all employees and third parties.
Quality is about trust. Each and every one of us has the power to influence this trust through our dedication to the quality of our services and through our passion and leadership.
Laylo understands the environmental risk associated with our business operations and adheres to self-enforced policies and procedures, as well as environmental laws and legislation.
Laylo commits to minimising the impact our operations may have on the environment, and is widely accepted as an ethical operator by customers and the community at large. This is a perception that we value greatly and are dedicated to maintaining.
Environmental insensitivity by individuals or corporations is not acceptable to the community. The same applies to our corporate position – a cavalier attitude to environmental issue by any employee of Laylo is not acceptable.
We expect all employees to carry out their responsibilities in adherence with environmental laws and regulations, and we adopt the following practices across our broader operations:
- integrate environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities,
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and ensure they understand how to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling,
- promote efficient use of materials and resources including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- maintain appropriate emergency response procedures,
- communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public,
- continually review our environmental performance and policy in light of our current and planned future activities.